Roller Guides Deliver the Right Precision
Using roller guides, such as Rollon’s Compact Rail in medium-accuracy applications can, for example, eliminate the added machining, fabrication and assembly efforts typically associated with recirculating ball guides. Compact Rail features large rolling elements, rail profiles that allow some play and an easy preload adjustment that enables equal loading of all elements. Not only is it a more compliant guide than a profiled rail, it can even compensate for misalignment by mitigating uneven load points that may otherwise promote wear and pitting. Compact Rail linear bearings provide numerous features and benefits for packaging applications:
- The rails comply to assemble directly to weldments, reducing fabrication and assembly costs.
- Sealed bearings keep dust away from the balls, protecting the bearings from contamination. Roller assemblies can also be configured with scrapers to prevent larger particulates from getting trapped in the sliders.
- Compact Rail bearings are particularly useful in secondary packaging, where the containers are already sealed and the primary contaminant in the environment is dust from packaging.
- For primary packaging applications, stainless steel linear rails and roller bearings can withstand washdown applications.
Unlike high-precision recirculating ball guides, medium-precision bearing guides like Rollon Corporation’s Compact Rail do not saddle packaging machine builders with expensive and unnecessary machining and assembly requirements. Not only will they deliver sufficient accuracy and precision for packaging equipment applications, they’ll keep assembly time and costs in line with their goals.
- Deep Groove Ball Bearing
- Self-aligning ball bearing
- Cylindrical Roller Bearings
- Spherical Roller Bearing
- Needle bearing
- Bearing unit
- Insert Bearing
- Angular contact ball bearings
- Tapered Roller Bearings
- Thrust roller bearing
- Thrust Ball Bearing
- Special bearing
- Linear Bearings